Graduating with Academic Honors
UAFS academic honors will be conferred upon graduates who meet the criteria for honors recognition noted below. The official determination of UAFS academic honors is made after all degree requirements have been met and will be identified on the graduate’s official transcript and diploma.
Tentative academic honors are recognized at commencement and noted in the commencement program, and do not include grades earned during the graduate’s final semester
Summa Cum Laude – GPA of 3.9 – 4.0
Magna Cum Laude – GPA of 3.8 – 3.89
Cum Laude – GPA of 3.6 – 3.79
University academic honors are based on the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA in one of the categories noted above for ALL college-level coursework, including all coursework from other institutions and all repeated coursework.
NOTE: The GPA reflected in My UAFS is only for UAFS coursework, and may not reflect the GPA used for the calculation of honors.
- At least 45 hours completed at UAFS.
- A minimum of 50% of the hours in the major field completed at UAFS.
- Honors are awarded only for the first baccalaureate degree conferred.
- Any student subject to disciplinary sanctions for academic misconduct or disciplinary suspension at UAFS will not be graduated with honors