Adding and Dropping Classes
Students with web registration access may add or drop classes prior to the start of the semester via My UAFS. Students without web registration access may drop through an advisor and the Records Office. After the term begins, ALL class withdrawals must be processed through an advisor and the Records Office. Please see the Registration Calendar for registration dates and the dates to drop and add courses for each term.
- Withdrawals through the eleventh day or the spring/fall semesters and fifth day of the summer terms are not recorded on the student's permanent record.
- During the first week of the fall and spring semesters, students will receive a 100% tuition refund for a dropped course only if another course is simultaneously added on the same Change of Schedule Form. Any course(s) dropped without a corresponding add will be refunded according to the published refund policy.
- Students are required to obtain both their instructor's and advisor's signatures in order to withdraw after the eleventh day of spring/fall semesters and fifth day of the summer terms. Students who are on financial aid and/or are receiving a scholarship must meet with a financial aid representative and obtain their signature on the form
- Students withdrawing from a credit course prior to 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the twelfth week (or the equivalent) of the fall or spring semester will receive a W on their permanent record.
- Summer term students withdrawing from a credit class prior to 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the fourth week of the five week term in which they are enrolled will receive a W on their permanent record.
- The withdrawal is NOT complete until the Change of Schedule Form is turned in to the Records Office, second floor of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center.
- Failure to attend and/or pay tuition does not constitute official withdrawal.
- Students who are on financial aid or are receiving a scholarship should check with the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing from a class.