The Academic Success Center (ASC), Vines 202, offers testing services to meet the increasing demand for alternate delivery course testing, as well as testing for students with specific ADA accommodations. The following is a description of the testing services offered and the hours the services are available for the ASC:
To be used for tests required in classes that do not have a set class schedule (independent, email, web-based, etc.). Students are required to bring a picture ID to take a test.
- These tests will be administered in the ASC during normal working hours. The ASC can provide a quiet testing environment that will meet students' limited schedules. Tests should be sent to the ASC (Vines 202) with an intake form attached. Once again, if the instructions do not change during the semester, then the instructor can send one completed copy of the intake form for his/her file. All tests must have a time limit listed on the intake form. If the student qualifies for ADA accommodations, the time limit should reflect the extended time available to that specific student.
- For students with an ADA accommodation requiring private testing, an appointment must be scheduled by the student as early as possible to reserve a private testing room. ADA students with accommodations of quiet testing or extended time do not need to schedule an appointment.
- When bringing in a group of tests for a specific class, please include a class roster with your tests. Many times students do not know what test they need to take.
- Schedule for testing:
|Monday||7:45 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:45 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:45 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:45 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Friday||7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
- Note: The ASC closes at 8:00 p.m. Mon. – Thurs. during Summer I and Summer II.
- Tests must be started at least one hour prior to closing time. This would allow one hour to complete the test before the ASC closes. It is the student's responsibility to allow enough time to complete the test. All tests will be turned in at closing time.